Wednesday, April 6, 2011

ETA...except hilarious.

So, I'm in the middle of (being distracted for a few minutes from) drafting my research paper on the Basques. I have four solid pages written...and sixteen more before tomorrow. Boo.

Yesterday while I was online, looking for pictures or something, I don't remember (but it was definitely something legitimate for my research...), I stumbled across some videos that tickled my funny bone. A lot.

I also happened to be in class, which made it really difficult. Had I been at home I would have burst into very loud laughter, but instead I had to swallow my guffaws so the prof wouldn't notice...
Anyways, the videos are parodies of ETA communiques. For those who don't know about the Basques or about ETA, wait a month and you can read my paper. hah. But basically, ETA is the separatist group at the extreme left of independence movement, and has been (violently) trying to get Spain to leave them alone since 1968. They always give announcements with masks and traditional headwear on. (We all know, however, that they probably have sexy Basque mullets underneath those hats...)
Anyways, for reference, here's A real ETA video. It's pretty long, so watch as much as you feel necessary.

And, the silly ones:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five

This ended up sparking a couple of hours of watching clips from Vaya Semanita....which I'm going to avoid now, and get back to work.

Agur!

No comments: